In 1561 Domenico Brunetti sets up an apothecary in the building belonging to the Nuns of S. Niccolò, close to the Duomo. In 1876 a sign representing the evengelic scene of the Annunciation is affixed right above the entrance of the historical Florentine apothecary. The shop took the name of Farmacia all’insegna della SS. Annunziata (Pharmacy under the banner of SS. Annunziata). Newly married, Carlo and Laura become the new owners of the pharmacy. A few creams have already been produced there, a famous one being the Cucumber cream, used by the cyclist Gino Bartali to massage his athletes. And then they had 2 children: Elena graduates in Business Economics and takes care of business development and marketing with her father; Leonardo graduates in Pharmacy and handles the technical and chemical part of the business with his mother.